Wednesday 14 January 2009

Goals for '09

Well, the festive season has gone again, not that it was too festive this year with the economic meltdown preying on everyone's minds and our troops deployed in various trouble spots.  We had a quiet time, with family visiting and plenty of golf.  

Now the time has arrived for me to plan how to advance in '09,  by setting goals on various fronts.

Although I've always been a positive person, my upbringing tended to emphasise qualities like caution & thrift.  Whilst thrift is an excellent quality, it can be overcooked.  In recent years my thinking has changed from scarcity to abundance, mainly after I encountered a little book by a Wallace D Wattles called 'The Science of Getting Rich'.  http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net/gifts/freeresource4u.html

One goal which is well under way is to get a major travel itch scratched.  For many years, I have wanted to visit Egypt to see the pyramids & other remains of that incredible civilization and also Turkey to see the former capital of the Holy Roman Empire, Constantinople, or Istanbul as it is now, as well as Troy, Gallipoli etc.  In March/April his year we are visiting both after my annual trip to Thailand to play golf with a couple of mates, & as my partner has always wanted to do a cruise, we are also taking care of that goal, by doing a trip down the Nile - talk about multitasking!

The next major goal is to get my internet marketing efforts making some money to pay for another major overseas trip that is taking shape in the back of my mind.  Did I mention I was born with itchy feet?  I have decided I need a mentor, so will see how far I get with Alex Jeffreys http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/community/Alex-Jeffreys.

In tandem with that, I intend to expand my share trading efforts into commodities and forex, which will require particularly careful planning.  When I have time from all that, I want to get my handicap down to single figures.  

Well, now that I have put myself on the spot by articulating my goals, '09 will be a busy year.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......